What don’t we do???
Okay fine, I’ll be more specific.
- We share Jesus with those who don’t know Him, those who don’t know Him well, and those who don’t know what all the hubbub is about Him.
- We help new and young Christians be established in the basics of how to walk with Jesus for life, AKA discipleship (i.e. how to have a quiet time, how to read the Bible, how to pray, how to share your faith, etc.)
- We help mature Christians learn how to help a younger Christian walk with Jesus for life, by coaching or modeling for them how to do so.
- We prepare Bible studies for small group discussions with both Christians and non-Christians.
- We are vision-casters, sharing God’s heart for the nations, from next door to everywhere, and heck, even going ourselves.
- We are event coordinators, planning and preparing large group nights, events, or activities, both on the campus but also on a larger scale basis.
- We are public speakers, and regularly (not so much me as of late) prepare messages for our large group night. We have also been invited to speak at retreats around the U.S., as well as prepare workshops for conferences.
- We are recruiters. We recruit potential donors to partner with our ministry, and we recruit students to the greater vision of our group.
- We are college “mom and dad,” sometimes needing to speak the hard truths with love.
- We are an older brother and sister in Jesus, who are just a little bit further along our walks. We get what they’re going through…but we’ll keep pushing them along, just ‘cuz we love them. :)
- We are a soup kitchen…for college kids. If you feed them…they will come. In masses. With their friends. And their friends’ friends.
- We counsel, both individually and relationship…illy. The latter has been a new development in the past two years. Apparently, it’s become widely known that if you are dating and meeting with RJ and I that at some point, I will flat out ask, “Are you guys having sex?” #sup #keepingitreal
- Apparently, we marry people now, too!
I’m sure there’s a lot more that we do on and off campus. But that’s all I got for now. I think it’s a pretty good list.