I am SUPER excited to welcome you to the new home of “What’s On My Mind Grapes?”!
Some of you on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram may have noticed my erratic behavior as of late: changing usernames, email addresses, displayed names, a general decrease in social media activity…Alice, what’s going on?? Are you going through a third-life (?) crisis??
Well now you know!
This project has been in the making for the past three months, and on the radar for the past couple of years. I still can’t believe I kept it a secret for so long!
For a while, I was trying to produce new posts at WOMMG v.1 (I seriously freaked out when I realized that the acronym could be pronounced “whoa-em-gee,” like OMG. Seriously. OMG.) while getting everything transferred, organized, updated, cleaned up, and designed at WOMMG v.2. But as my target launch date (my birthday!) quickly approached, I had to make the decision to abandon new material to get WOMMG v.2 up and running. Which was a good choice, because in the past three weeks, I have spent nearly every single free moment (which isn’t a lot for me these days!) working on it!
So why the new home?
- I don’t want clients to find me. The thought just weirds me out. So I have taken much care and caution to remove any identifying information from my blog, which was kind of difficult at my previous blog, as the URL contained my full name (EPIC. FAIL.). I also get fairly consistent Pinterest traffic, people sometimes share some of my posts as a resource to others, and my readership has grown to more than just my sister, so again, for the sake of privacy, it was time for a new home.
- I wanted to consolidate Pretty Granola (our family/ministry blog) with WOMMG v.1, because the two essentially serve the same purpose anyways. And because I’m the only one writing, unlike how I originally envisioned it to be (RJ!!!).
- I wanted a more user-friendly, organized layout so people can easily search for and find various blog topics according to personal interest.
- I wanted to own my own space. A final resting place for WOMMG. For now, at least. I liken it to buying a home versus renting an apartment. I love that I own this space and its’ content. It’s my own. My precious. No one gets to advertise without my permission. On the flip side though, similar to home ownership, there’s a lot to figure out now that I don’t have the equivalent of Tony the apartment maintenance guy (AKA WordPress.com) to do everything for me. <Sigh> I miss Tony…
- MAKEOVER!!!!! Need I say more??
- Did I mention that I don’t want clients to find me? (Though if they did, I’d be more impressed than upset with all of the precautionary measures I’ve taken…)
So what’s new here??
- A new URL! If you subscribe via e-mail to WOMMG v.1, please resubscribe for e-mailed blog updates via the sidebar, as the old blogs will be deleted in a week! Also, you can follow my blog with Bloglovin or whatever other feed you use! :)
- Obviously, a new look and design, thanks to Angie Makes! Love the look, love the layout, love the functionality of the design, love how easy it is to work with!! A marked aesthetic improvement from this:
- Along those same lines, organization! I’m on a huge organization kick, and my blog is not excluded! Blog posts are now categorized and easily accessible by topic via the menu on the top of the page. Again, a huge improvement from the previous blog. Check them out!
- Social media icons! Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, Bloglovin, or contact me via e-mail. Social media icons can be found on the sidebar.
- The What’s On My Mind Grapes? Facebook page! I decided to make a separate Facebook page so that 1. I can stop spamming everyone who doesn’t read my blog’s Facebook feed and 2. So that people who do read the blog can be better connected and updated on the happity haps. Please please PLEASE stop by and like the page if you get a chance! :)
- Fan Favorites, located in the sidebar! These are posts that have received the most traffic in the past year.
- A few new pages, including the “About” page and some pages about our work with the Navigators under “Ministry.” Check them out!
Again, I am SUPER excited to be sharing with you all this secret project I’ve been working on for the past three months!
Please take a look around, explore, re-read your favorite blog posts, and show me some lovin’ in the comments and by liking What’s On My Mind Grapes? Facebook page! :)