Another birthday has come and gone. And what a year it has been! Looking back on 28, I sadly realized that my year consisted more of just sheer survival in grad school rather than actually living life to the fullest. Well, NO MORE of that, I say! Even with school, practicum, and everything else I have going on, my last year in my 20’s WILL be amazing!
For the last month or so, I have been compiling a list of what I want to do/accomplish before I turn 30. Many of these are things I’ve either always wanted to do or things that I’d like to get taken care of before little ones are running around the house. I got a lot of inspiration from friends and family for this list, as well as other wise bloggers around the intraweb.
Without any further ado and in no particular order…my 30 before 30 list!
1. Read the New Testament, Proverbs, and Psalms in one year.
2. Sew an outfit that I’d be proud to wear out (completely and totally inspired by the uber talented Cation Designs!).
3. Build a chicken coop with RJ and start raising some chickens in our backyard.
4. Make some SWEET Halloween costumes! I totally had a blast coming up with costumes for a recent birthday party!
5. Jar something. We got a TON of ‘maters in the works…maybe some salsa or marinara sauce for wintertime?
6. Run a 5k. Originally, it was a half-marathon, but then I thought it’d be more prudent to be realistic. =)
7. Visit Taiwan and Indonesia and reconnect with both RJ and my cultural heritage.
8. Learn basic photography and how to use a photo editing program. I wanna be as BOMB as Orange Turtle Photography!
9. Get another tattoo. I’ve been wanting one, and lucky for me, Groupon had a deal at a tattoo parlor in San Diego!
10. Start exercising regularly. I need to make it routine for health’s sake!
11. Stop drinking diet coke. This was the hardest to publicize because now people will hold me accountable for it! I just don’t want my kids to always see mommy with a diet coke in hand, so I need to kick this before babies come!
12. Hike to the C. I’ve tried twice, and failed twice. I will conquer you! <shakes fist>
13. Write a new song. It has been at least four years since my last.
14. Re-record my old songs. Just for me.
15. Finish a baby boy blanket I promised to make a friend back in 2005. I believe her baby boy is now 6 years old. =)
16. Bungee jump, even if it’s at a state fair. Heights freak me out!
17. Do Insanity in completion. Shaun T, I’m coming for you!
18. Become proficient in Mandarin. Google Translate, my new best friend!
19. Learn biblical Greek.
20. Climb real rocks at Joshua Tree.
21. Do two full pull ups…because Alby says one doesn’t count.
22. Solidify my surfing skills. In other words, catch a wave and stand on the board.
23. Karaoke in front of others. Hard to believe, but I’ve never actually done this before, even though I’ve led worship a billion times!
24. Be vegetarian for one month, instituting a one veggie day/week afterwards.
25. Ride a motorcycle. Not necessarily drive one, but ride one.
26. Get published somehow. Either write something, model for something, or take a pretty picture perhaps?
27. Go to a bed and breakfast with RJ.
28. Read Lord of the Rings in completion.
29. Go swing dancing with RJ at Coffee Depot.
30. Master the art of throwing a frisbee…BOTH forearm and backhand!
So there you have it, folks! What do you think? Can I do it?
And have any of you made a 30 before 30 list? If so, what did you have on your list?