This weekend, we will be making the trek down to Pine Valley, CA for our annual regional conference, where the Navigators from various campuses around California, Arizona, Utah, and Hawaii will gather for worship and messages.
Every year, UCR seems to increase in the number of students represented. The first first year, one student attended. Me and RJ’s first year, we had 3 students join us. Last year we had 11. This year I believe we have 15. God is growing our little ministry! Oh, how my heart did swell last year when RJ and I emceed and had a little cheer section of UCR students that did not exist 2 years ago! God is good!
This year, God seems to be giving UCR more responsibilities at conference. RJ is co-leading a workshop with our campus director on quiet times, I am on the worship team on keyboard and bringing my mad harmonies, my “brother” is emceeing, my real brother is also on the worship team (not from UCR, but thought I’d throw him in there), and some students from our group are performing a thought-provoking skit at conference.
If there is one thing we could ask of you, we would ask for your prayers! We have been experiencing significant spiritual oppression and warfare in the past couple of weeks, and we are definitely in need God’s protection over us this weekend!
1. For safe travels down to Pine Valley, CA.
2. For RJ and Brandon as they co-lead the workshop on spending time with God. You can pray for the other workshop leaders as well. =)
3. For the worship team, that we would be unified and that the Spirit of God would fill us and use us in mighty ways this weekend.
4. For the skit team, as they prepare and that they would honor God with their acting.
5. For protection against spiritual attack, that God would stand guard and surround us with His safety.
6. That people would be brought into the throne room of Jesus and that lives would be touched and changed by the power of the gospel.
7. For the speaker, John Hess, that his message would be from God and that it would resonate in the hearts of students and staff.
Thanks! We are thankful you are in this work with us, though maybe not in person, but definitely in prayer. =)