Super long title for a relatively short post. I’ve determined what makes ALL the difference in the world when you are doing your own eyebrows! Reeeeady? Wait for it….
Trim your eyebrows!!
“Say what? Isn’t it enough to just pluck them?” you ask. Well, whenever I’ve done only the plucking, my eyebrows eventually look shaggy, even though they’ve just been plucked. The general shape may be there, but it’s probably muddled because there are longer stray hairs that don’t make a neat border.
So what do you do? You get little eyebrow scissors like the ones below.
And also an eyebrow brush like so…
When you’re done with your usual plucking, take the brush and brush your eyebrow hairs up. Trim the hairs that stand above the desired brow line. Now take the brush and brush your eyebrow hairs down. Trim the hairs that are below the desired brow line. Usually then, you’ll even find some more stray hairs that were hidden under your shagginess, so tweeze those away.
And there you have it! Brows that look like you just paid ridiculous amounts to get done!
Some freebies (although I suppose it’s all freebies…)
1. Don’t overtweeze! Noob mistake. Totally did this in high school and had shaggy pencil thin eyebrows.
2. Don’t fight nature! Follow your natural brow shape for your optimal look! I realized after a while that I look BETTER with fuller brows and not crazy arched brows.
3. Don’t forget to tweeze above! Another noob mistake. It neatens the brow so much!
4. Fill in the sparse areas with a brow pencil or powder that is slightly lighter than you hair color, otherwise you’ll have angry brows. Use light strokes!
5. If you have naturally light brows, you might want to try slicking some Vaseline on them! Not only will they stay in place, they will look just a bit darker without being unnatural!
Hope this helps! :)