Hello, 2009! Goodbye, 2008…you were so good to me.
Highlights and Events of 2008:
1. I got engaged! (January 3rd/19th)
2. I got married!! (August 23rd)
3. I moved from Irvine, my home of six years.
4. I moved to Riverside, and we began our new life together as husband and wife!
5. My hubby graduated from the University of Oregon…and now is a big boy!
6. I started EDGE Corps with the Navigators…round 2!
7. I learned to appreciate that God made people to think and process a whole lot differently than me…and that I’m not always right. ;)
8. I have become more administrative and detail oriented…I believe that came with marriage to an even more disoriented man.
9. We witnessed God provide for RJ and I in mighty ways as we began our lives together, not only with our entire wedding, but our apartment, our furnishings, and our funding.
10. We said an exuberant good-bye to long distance!! No more phone calls after 9PM or seeing each other once every three months! Or hotel lobby dates for two hours after driving for five hours. Or softball coaches looking over our shoulders. Or endless blubbering at the airport. Or pent up affection. Or…well, you get the idea…it’s just better this way.
11. I learned to surf! Well, kind of…thanks Emiliooooo!
12. I went to Mexico for the first time, which is lame since I live in San Diego!
13. I learned that not all dogs are mean and bite when you touch them…just Oliver.
14. I no longer NEED to wear make-up when I go anywhere…I choose to, or I choose not to.
15. I discovered Vanilla Coke Zero!
16. My taste preference has changed yet again from salty to fruity, slowly but surely.
17. I went to a tequila factory for the first time!
18. I am more convinced of God’s perfect timing, and His sovereignty in making His children wait for His plan to unfold.
19. I went scuba diving for the first time!
20. I legally took on my husband’s last name…and saw it a couple months before we were married, in Colorado Springs on our donor cards…trippy!
21. I’m beginning to learn to let go of things I can’t control, and to trust and rely on God more than ever.
22. I joyfully witnessed four good friends get married, from all eras of my life.
23. I redefined forgiveness as trusting that the blood of Jesus covers the sins of those who have sinned against me.
24. I’m realizing that I’m a lot more wounded than I thought, and that it’s the word of God and His Spirit that breaks hold of lies and dysfunctional patterns of thinking.
25. I saw my grandparents from Taiwan again, and got my grandpa to laugh uncontrollably…I’ve never seen him do that!
26. RJ and I found out that conflicts that existed before we were married don’t just disappear just because we’re married. ;)
Now I’m positive there are more amazing firsts and events that happened in 2008, but as it is 1:24am, I can’t think of them now. Moving on…
2009 New Year’s Resolutions:
1. Fitness – more cardio and weights. I used to be so in shape…what happened??
2. Nutrition – multi-vitamins and eating more whole foods.
3. Stop the occasional cussing…completely!
4. Complain less, encourage more.
5. Make time with God a priority, over my husband and over ministering to others.
6. Make music more of a priority – violin and guitar.
7. Let go of the things that can’t be changed and move on.
So here’s to 2009! May it be even richer with blessings than 2008!
Happy New Year!